Registration and Enrollment » Intra District Transfers

Intra District Transfers

Welcome to Arroyo Seco Junior High School!  Home of the California Distinguished  School and Blue Ribbon School! We offer a wide range of amazing programs/opportunities for our kids including a robust Performing Arts Program (Theatre, Choir, Band, Orchestra, Strings), an exceptional Video Production Program with a daily broadcast of "Good Morning Seco", an exemplary Visual Arts Program with Ceramics, Drawing, well as CTE After School Pathway Courses, Yearbook, Additional Elective Course Offerings, over 25 clubs, ASB Leadership, Lunch Time Intramural and many more student opportunities! We pride ourselves on educating the whole child and have incredible Social/Emotional Support in our Wellness Center (The Break Room). We also offer Math push in intervention support during the school day  to give our students extra support in Math! Our goal is for every student to be opportunity and academic ready for High School, College and beyond!

Intra District Transfers (IDT) 

An intra district transfer is when parents/guardians wish to enroll their student at a school other than the designated school that is in their attendance area within the district. To request an intra district transfer, you must reside within the attendance boundaries for the schools of the William S. Hart Union High School District. If you reside outside of the Santa Clarita Valley, please click on the button to the right for more information on how to request a transfer.

Before requesting a transfer for the upcoming school year, please carefully review the information on this page.

Important Dates

Please be advised of the following dates for requesting an intra district transfer:
  • The window to request an intra district transfer for the upcoming 2024-2025 school year will open on Friday, March 1, 2024
  • Intra district transfer requests will not be processed between June 14, 2024 through July 7, 2024 to allow staff with time off for summer break. During this period, you will be able to request a transfer but staff will not process your request until July 8, 2024.

Criteria for Requesting an IDT

The list below consists of the criteria for which a school transfer can be requested.

  • Documented harassment or victimization at your child's neighborhood school. Documentation must be within Infinite Campus, our District's Student Information System.

  • Sibling Rule
    • A sibling is currently attending and will remain enrolled at the requested school. 
    • Siblings will attend high school together at some point in the future. Please note that the older sibling establishes the grounds for transferring under the sibling rule. Therefore, the younger sibling can only follow the older sibling.
    • If the younger sibling does not attend high school together with the older sibling at any point in the future, the sibling rule does not apply. For example, if the younger student is a 7th grader and the older student is an 11th grader, since both siblings will not attend high school together, the sibling rule is not applicable.

  • Parent is a permanent William S. Hart Union High School District Employee
  • Active Military Families (Documentation will be required.)

  • Student is a Foster Youth (Court documentation will be required.)
What if my transfer request does not meet the criteria above?

If the reason for your transfer request is not listed above, you may still submit a request through the transfer form link at the bottom of the page.  Transfer requests that don't meet the above criteria are at the sole discretion of the residence school Principal and the requested school Principal. 

Please be advised that requests that do not meet the criteria will not be reviewed until after May 1, 2024.  It may take up to three business days from that date to hear from our school registrar, Ms. Galdi as we work with students and families to finish out the current school year. Response time during the summer may be longer as a result of time off.


Can I appeal the principal's decision?

The principal's decision is final and cannot be appealed. Students in the William S. Hart Union High School District are expected to attend their school of residence based on our attendance boundaries. The pre-established criteria for transfers between school are outlined above. Transfer requests beyond these criteria are at the sole discretion of the principal. 


What If My Child has an IEP?
The William S. Hart Union High School District offers the following regionalized programs:
  • Special Day Class - Functional Academics
  • Special Day Class - Students with Emotional and Behavioral Needs
  • Special Day Class - Living Skills
  • Special Day Class - Autism High Functioning
Your child's elementary or junior high school will coordinate a time to schedule a matriculation IEP meeting in the spring. For students who require the support of a regionalized program, your student's school placement will be determined at the time of the matriculation IEP and the appropriate paperwork will be completed at that time.
For students who qualify for Special Day Class Core Curriculum or our Resource Program, all comprehensive Hart District campuses offer these programs and requests for transfers are limited to our pre-established criteria.
Requesting an Intra District Transfer: Step 1
The first step in requesting an intra district transfer is to complete a request form, linked below. You will receive an email within 5 to 10 business days after your form submission with next steps for completing your transfer applications.
Please be advised that the timeline for completing a transfer request varies based on the time of year.
The link for the transfer form will be available on Friday, March 1, 2024.