HOW TO ENROLLStudents in the William S. Hart Union High School District are expected to attend their school of residence based on our attendance boundaries. To determine the assigned Hart District school for your student, please check the SchoolSite Locator on the Attendance Boundaries page of the District website.
Enrollments are done in person. A parent or legal guardian must come in to the office and complete the enrollment forms once all of the required documentation (see below) is obtained. Please refer to the enrollment hours listed on this page.
The William S. Hart Union High School District requires the following to enroll a student:
- A parent/guardian must be present;
- Proof of residence within the attendance boundaries of the school you are enrolling into. Please review the acceptable documentation on the Hart District website's Enrollment page;
- Birth Certificate/Passport for the child;
- Withdrawal Form/Grades from the child's previous school;
- The child's most recent IEP or 504, if applicable;
- Up-to-date Immunization records. Please review the required immunizations on our Vaccination Requirements page;
- Caregiver/Guardianship forms, if applicable
2024/25 INCOMING 7TH GRADE STUDENTS
*** Please visit our Incoming 7th Grade Students page for an orientation guide and information about Arroyo Seco programs ***
Students coming from an elementary school WITHIN the Newhall, Saugus, and Sulphur Springs Elementary School Districts will matriculate into junior high school based on the elementary school they attend. Students will receive enrollment forms from their elementary school. Completed forms should be returned to your child's elementary school.
If your child resides in a different junior high school boundary than the one they are assigned to based on their elementary school AND prefers to attend the school of residence, please notify the registrar at your assigned junior high school. Proof of residence will be required.
Students coming from an elementary school NOT IN the Newhall, Saugus, and Sulphur Springs Elementary School Districts will attend the junior high located within their attendance boundaries. Please refer to "How to Enroll" above for enrollment procedure.
Steps to complete matriculation into junior high from elementary school:
1. Enrollment. Students who attend an elementary school within the Santa Clarita Valley will receive enrollment forms from their elementary school. Completed forms should be returned to your child's elementary school. For students enrolling from outside the Santa Clarita Valley, enrollment forms should be picked up from Arroyo Seco. Please refer to "How to Enroll" above for enrollment procedure.
2. Registration. Registration is completed online through Infinite Campus. The Hart District uses Online Registration (OLR) to collect district-wide forms and update student records for each school year. OLR must be complete for every student before they can participate in Summer Check-in.
3. Check-in. Students will take their ID photos, receive text books, and purchase PE clothes. All new students must meet vaccination requirements in order to proceed through the check-in. 2024 7th grade Summer Check-in will take place on Wednesday, August 7nd.
INTRA DISTRICT TRANSFERS (IDTs)
In some cases, students may want to attend a school other than their school of residence based on District attendance boundaries. The Hart District has pre-established criteria to qualify for a transfer. The criteria and request form can be found on our Intra District Transfers page.
Stacy Galdi, Registrar
ext. 1130 or Option 2
- Open on regular school days between 8am & 3pm, closed for lunch from 11:30am to 12:30pm
- Open on minimum days between 8am & 2pm
- Closed on non-student days
- Please note enrollment dates and hours for breaks below
Winter Break Enrollment (Dec 18, 2023-Jan 5, 2024):
- Open Dec.18th-20th & Jan.2nd-5th between 8am & 2pm
- Closed Dec.15th & Dec.21st-Jan.1st
***Spring semester begins Jan. 8th, 2024***
Summer Enrollment (Jun 5-Aug 7, 2023):
Open Monday - Thursday between 8am - 2pm.
Closed on following days:
- June 19th
- July 3rd-5th
- July 17th-18th
- Aug 1st-2nd
- Aug 7th
***Fall semester begins Aug. 8th 2023***