Stacy Galdi » Enrollment



Students in the William S. Hart Union High School District are expected to attend their school of residence based on our attendance boundaries. To determine the assigned Hart District school for your student, please check the SchoolSite Locator on the Attendance Boundaries page of the District website.
Enrollments are done in person. A parent or legal guardian must come in to the office and complete the enrollment forms once all of the required documentation (see below) is obtained. Please refer to the enrollment hours listed on this page.
The William S. Hart Union High School District requires the following to enroll a student:
  • A parent/guardian must be present;
  • Proof of residence within the attendance boundaries of the school you are enrolling into. Please review the acceptable documentation on the Hart District website's Enrollment page;
  • Birth Certificate/Passport for the child;
  • Withdrawal Form/Grades from the child's previous school;
  • The child's most recent IEP or 504, if applicable;
  • Up-to-date Immunization records. Please review the required immunizations on our Vaccination Requirements page;
  • Caregiver/Guardianship forms, if applicable


Students coming from an elementary school WITHIN THE SANTA CLARITA VALLEY will matriculate into junior high school based on the elementary school they attend. Please review the Hart District website's Matriculation page for the junior high school your child will attend in the upcoming 2022/23 school year.
If your child resides in a different junior high school boundary than the one they are assigned to based on their elementary school AND prefers to attend the school of residence, please notify the registrar at your assigned junior high school. Proof of residence will be required.
Students coming from a school OUTSIDE THE SANTA CLARITA VALLEY will attend the junior high located within their attendance boundaries. Please refer to "How to Enroll" above for enrollment procedure.
Please visit our Incoming 7th Grade Students page for an orientation guide and information about math placement tests and Arroyo Seco programs.


In some cases, students may want to attend a school other than their school of residence based on District attendance boundaries. The Hart District has pre-established criteria to qualify for a transfer. The criteria and request form can be found on the district website's Intra District Transfers page.