Students are expected to dress appropriately and be well groomed as contributing members of a productive learning environment. Students are expected to give proper attention to personal cleanliness and to wear clothes that are suitable for the school activities in which they participate. The dress code is gender neutral and the school staff will strive to enforce it consistently among all students.
Student attire and grooming must permit the student to participate in learning without posing a risk to the health or safety of any student or school district personnel.
- Students must wear clothing that completely covers the chest, torso, undergarments, private areas, and bottom.
- Shirts, tops, and dresses must have sleeves; no tank tops or spaghetti straps are allowed.
- Clothes must be suitable for any scheduled course that may have unique hazards or require specialized safety gear.
- Safe footwear must be worn; no slippers are allowed.
- Students will not wear clothing or accessories that depict or advocate for violence, criminal activity, alcohol or drug use, pornography, hate speech, or gang-related activity (including professional sports wear and colors identified by the Santa Clarita Sheriff as gang affiliated).
- Clothing and accessories will not violate the Wm. S. Hart UHSD anti-discrimination policy.
- Students may not wear clothing or accessories that obscure the face with the exception of approved religious items.
- Hats and sunglasses may be worn outside for protection from the sun/weather, but should not be worn inside buildings or classrooms.