Halloween Dress Guidelines
Halloween Dress Up Day is a privilege afforded to students at Arroyo Seco. In addition to our Arroyo Seco Jr. High Dress Code, student costumes must adhere to the following:
- Costumes should not discriminate or demean any group regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or special needs.
- Costumes should be positive and avoid anything that reflects violence or violent acts. Costume selection should be tasteful and in keeping with a positive school climate.
- Costumes should not provide a distraction to the school program. i.e., no revealing costumes such as bathing suits and sleepwear.
- Weapons and facsimile weapons of any type are not allowed.
- Costumes must not impair a student’s vision or movement.
- Face masks or hoods that cover your face are not permitted.
- Costumes that would completely hide a student’s identity, i.e., a gorilla suit, are not permitted.
- Limited face make-up is permitted. Students may not bring costume make-up to school.
- Costumes depicting drugs, alcohol, or tobacco are not allowed.
- See Mr. Miller or Mrs. Bakoo prior to Halloween with specific questions or concerns.