Dear 8th grade student and parents,
Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that as a result of your academic achievement during the Spring 2021 semester at Arroyo Seco, you may be eligible for the Arroyo Seco Honor Society. This invitation does not automatically guarantee membership into this society. In order to qualify, you must have earned a 3.5 grade point average for the 3rd and the 4th quarters of your 7th grade year. If you meet this requirement, you then must complete the application (available Sept 7th) form with the necessary parent signature, bring a check for the suggested $8.00 donation (make checks payable to Arroyo Seco), and complete the verification of service hours. Return the application and the check to Mrs. Loughlin in the main office by Thursday, October 7th. The service hours do not have to be completed by the time that the application is turned in. Parents can sign the service hours form with an explanation of when and where the hours will be completed at a future date.
Important Dates for the Fall Honor Society Program
September 7th - Applications will be available from your English teacher or online for the 8th grade fall honor society.
October 7th - 8th grade applications and a suggested $8 donation check made out to Arroyo Seco are due to Mrs. Loughlin in the main office. No late applications will be accepted.
October 14th - Names of all applicants that have been accepted to the Honor Society will be posted on the ASB window at the front of the school.
October 21st - The fall induction dessert will be held in K-Hall during lunch. Medals will be given out and dessert will be served.
Why join the Arroyo Seco chapter of CJSF
1. CJSF is the one organization that officially recognizes your academic achievements.
2. The Honor Society program promotes service to our community.
3. The medals you earn can be worn to show off your academic achievement.
4. Your name will appear in the yearbook on the Honor Society page.
How can you become a member?
1. You must earn a 3.5 grade point average for both quarters before applying for the Honor Society.
2. Citizenship marks will be reviewed for acceptance into the Honor Society program.
3. You must fill out an application during one of the application periods
What medals do you earn and when?
Earn all three medals by joining the Honor Society for all three terms.
7th Grade Spring Induction - Bronze Medal
8th Grade Fall Induction - Silver Medal
8th Grade Spring Induction - Gold Medal
Teacher Sponsor: Mrs. Welch