Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that as a result of your academic achievement during the Spring 2019 semester at Arroyo Seco, you may be eligible for the Arroyo Seco Honor Society. This invitation does not automatically guarantee membership into this society. In order to qualify, you must have earned a 3.5 grade point average for the 1st and 2nd quarters of this year. If you meet this requirement, you then must complete the enclosed application form with the necessary parent signature, bring a check for the suggested $8.00 donation (make checks payable to Arroyo Seco), and complete the verification of service hours.
Return the application and the check to Mrs. Loughlin in the main office by Thursday, February 11th.
The service hours do not have to be completed by the time that the application is turned in. Parents can sign the service hours form with an explanation of when and where the hours will be completed at a future date.
Why join the Arroyo Seco chapter of CJSF
1. CJSF is the one organization that officially recognizes your academic achievements.
2. The Honor Society program promotes service to our community.
3. The medals you earn can be worn to show off your academic achievement.
4. Your name will appear in the yearbook on the Honor Society page.
How can you become a member?
1. You must earn a 3.5 grade point average for both quarters before applying for the Honor Society.
2. Citizenship marks will be reviewed for acceptance into the Honor Society program.
3. You must fill out an application during one of the three application periods and submit it with a suggested donation of $8 (checks should be made out to Arroyo Seco).
4. You must complete 5 hours of community service before turning in your application.
What medals do you earn and when?
Earn all three medals by joining the Honor Society for all three terms.
7th Grade Spring Induction - Bronze Medal
8th Grade Fall Induction - Silver Medal
8th Grade Spring Induction - Gold Medal
Applicants must perform five community service hours each time they apply for the Honor Society. Hours can be completed on a date after the applications are due, but the student must get the signature of the person who will be supervising the community service hours stating that they will be completed at a later date.
Are you looking for a way to earn some service hours? The Friends of Castaic Lake have a monthly "Pride in the Lake" day where you can earn hours by helping keep the lake looking great. The Pride in the Lake event takes place at the Castaic Lake lagoon at 9:00 AM on the second Saturday of every month.
Ms. Senen and Mrs. Welch