As a result of academic achievement during the second semester of last year, students may be eligible for the Arroyo Seco Honor Society. In order to qualify, students must have earned a 3.5 grade point average in the spring semester of 2018. If students meet this requirement, they then must complete the application (available beginning August 31) with the necessary parent signature, bring a check for the suggested $8.00 donation (make checks payable to Arroyo Seco), and complete the verification of service hours.
Return the application and the check to Mrs. Loughlin in the main office by Friday, October 5th.
The service hours do not have to be completed by the time that the application is turned in. Parents can sign the service hours form with an explanation of when and where the hours will be completed at a future date.
Why join the Arroyo Seco chapter of CJSF
1. CJSF is the one organization that officially recognizes your academic achievements.
2. The Honor Society program promotes service to our community.
3. The medals you earn can be worn to show off your academic achievement.
4. Your name will appear in the yearbook on the Honor Society page.
5. We eat pizza.
How can you become a member?
1. You must earn a 3.5 grade point average for both quarters before applying for the Honor Society.
2. Citizenship marks will be reviewed for acceptance into the Honor Society program.
3. You must fill out an application during one of the three application periods and submit it with a suggested donation of $8 (checks should be made out to Arroyo Seco).
4. You must complete 5 hours of community service before turning in your application.
When Can You Join?
There are three opportunities to join the Honor Society. 7th grade can join at the start of the third quarter. 8th grade can join at the start of the year and again in the 3rd quarter. Students need to reapply for each of the three Honor Society terms.
What medals do you earn and when?
Earn all three medals by joining the Honor Society for all three terms.
7th Grade Spring Induction - Bronze Medal
8th Grade Fall Induction - Silver Medal
8th Grade Spring Induction - Gold Medal
Applicants must perform five community service hours each time they apply for the Honor Society. Hours can be completed on a date after the applications are due, but the student must get the signature of the person who will be supervising the community service hours stating that they will be completed at a later date.
Are you looking for a way to earn some service hours? The Friends of Castaic Lake have a monthly "Pride in the Lake" day where you can earn hours by helping keep the lake looking great. The Pride in the Lake event takes place at the Castaic Lake lagoon at 9:00 AM on the second Saturday of every month.
Ms. Senen and Mrs. Welch
NEW: Rosedell Elementary School Harvest Festival Volunteers Needed! Check out the link
to Rosedell's PTA site, and email email@example.com
to sign up!